Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thanksgiving Craziness

(ok, I know this post is late ... I've been knee deep in tree trimming, holiday shopping and gossip magazines! Honestly, it just took me a while to make it through all the pics from Thanksgiving before I could finish this post. FWIW, enjoy!)

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. As a kid, it was the ultimate family get together - our extended family is enormous and so much fun. Crazy, but the good kind of crazy. And the food ... the food was always fantastic!

In my twenties Thanksgiving was always about spending time with my friends (and lots of drinking).

Now that I'm married, we have a tradition of always spending Thanksgiving with Bryan's family. It's really become the one time during the year that Bryan, his brother and his sister have committed to celebrating together. As often as possible, we're with the rest of his family - Grandmother, PeePaw, Aunt Julie, Sydney, etc. This year we hosted the Thanksgiving feast so Barry and Becky and kids were able to come down, but none of the other family mentioned above. While we had a really amazing celebration this year I think we all missed have the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins around. After all, that is what Thanksgiving is all about, right? That and gorging on too many calories.

Here are some of my favorite pics from this year's Thanksgiving feast.

Rowan, Chris and Alicia being silly ...

Alicia in all her cuteness ....

Chris, Becky, Alicia, Rowan and moi ...

Rowan ... too cute!

Uncle Barry and Dylan ... what studs!

Brendan and Dylan chillin'

No comments: