Friday, July 18, 2008

She's here!

Many of you probably think that I have abandoned this blog. And it definitely seems that way, but I promise I haven't. I just went on a small hiatus. I've thought about posting many times in the last 6 months but haven't found the time or energy.

We had a long and challenging pregnancy which ended with a month of bedrest and a beautiful, preemie baby girl.

Marina Riley Jaynes

Born: June 10, 3:46pm
4 pounds, 15 ounces and 19 inches long

She's really incredible! The family is all doing great and big bro Dylan thinks she's awesome (which was a huge relief)!

She spent about 6 days in the hospital, but has been thriving and doing incredibly well ever since we got home. This experience has given us a small understanding and such respect for parents with with premature babies. We knew she was coming early and were able to do a lot to prepare (her and ourselves) for the early delivery; however, it was still hard and scary. And so, so, so worth it. She's truly amazing.

Now that I've made my apologies for no recent posts I promise to get back in the habit of posting. And in the meantime, I'm going to post a bunch of random photos from the last 6 months.

No comments: