Friday, November 14, 2008

20 years ago ....

My father passed away 20 years ago today. It's really hard for me to imagine that so much time has gone by. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday and sometimes I can hardly remember at all. What I do know is that my dad was always happy and wanted to make other people happy. So, please take a moment today to remember him and all of your loved ones. And do something to make someone happy.

Also, please take a few minutes today to think about my dear friend Renee. She lost her beautiful son, Quinlan, one year ago today. I hold a very special place for them in my heart. Love you Nay Nay.

4 comments:

missb12587 said...

I can't believe it was 20 years ago either - time is so fast and slow at the same time. I will go give everyone in the house a big hug in honor of him right now!
Love,
Holly

Eliot Frick said...

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children."

Carrie, you are a sweet and kind author. It is good to be reminded of what is difficult and do so with hope. Good stuff.

RC said...

love you carrie!

RC said...

the irony is overwhelming - and us June girls...